Contact an Experienced Lawyer Immediately After a Car Accident in Fort Myers
In a car accident, a lot is involved. It takes a toll on your mental and physical health. There is too much at stake – your physical health, your medical examination, treatment, medicines, emotional and mental health, your work, your automobile if you were traveling in one, and so on. In this tireless journey, if you are planning to handle the claim settlement and the lawsuit against the faulty party on your own, you are probably expecting a lot from yourself. If you are an expert in car accident laws, you could still think of going all alone, but if you are not, it is recommended that you appoint a trusted Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer to represent your case.
Do not wait. You need to decide on this matter at the earliest possible. There are chances that the evidence of the accident scene gets tampered thereby impacting your claim settlement process. Also, there are endless questions after an accident that bothers you – who is to be blamed for the accident? Was it my fault, his fault? My car is damaged, who will pay for it? What about my medical expenses? How am I going to afford all of this? What happens to my job? And so on.
Besides, you do not have much to lose – most attorneys work on a contingent fee model. It means that they collect their fees only when your claim has been settled. Thus, you know that you are not going to lose anything by hiring an experienced lawyer. On the contrary, you are going to gain from such an appointment. The lawyer will educate you about your rights and the law. They will tell you the compensation you are entitled to, how to go about claiming in the most impactful manner, and so on.
Here are reasons to appoint Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer immediately after the accident:
- As per the law, the statute of limitation has only two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
- The attorney has a thorough knowledge of the law – that is the greatest advantage of hiring an experienced lawyer. They are experts in this niche. The lawyer knows all the intricacies of the law and is adept at mitigating all possible defenses to counter the other party.
- The lawyer will help you prepare for the case – for example, collecting evidence, speaking to eyewitnesses, getting the document and paperwork in place, and so on.
- The lawyer is good at the entire game – they know that in most cases, it is not required to go to the court and the threat of legal action is enough to have the insurance company agree to negotiate a deal.
- Lawyers do a lot of the legwork that you would otherwise have to do on your own. All of this work is time-consuming and entails a lot of running around. After all, every last piece of data and information needs to be collated to make your claim and case strong. All on your own, you will have to manage this all by yourself – too much to ask for.
Not just that, the attorney becomes your advocate and represents you in the court and front of the insurance company. With excellent skills in negotiation, articulate presentation, and expertise in law, they will do a good job to get you a handsome compensation.